Lo-Rez helical steel-spring flexible couplings provide low, constant and accurate torsional stiffness (within 8%), unchanged by age, wear, temperature, loading or vibratory intensity. The torsional analyst does not have to speculate as to how much error will creep into the torsional analysis calculations – the results will be certain. In many practical cases, system resonance of the ‘coupling mode’ can be analytically ascertained within 2% accuracy. Tooth separation points in geared systems can often be predicted precisely.
Some of the other features of Lo-Rez steel-spring Couplings
- Wide selection of torque/stiffness combinations within each of twelve different housing sizes D to N. Maximum torque rating 942,000 Nm for size N2 coupling.
- Springs constantly under compression.
- Independent friction dampers help control low-frequency/large amplitude oscillations.
- Overload limit stops inside the springs prevent excessive spring stresses and coil clash during traversal of major criticals and during shock loading.
- No lubrication required (unless pilot bearing is used).
- Easy installation and in-place maintenance. Coupling can be inserted or removed without shifting associated equipment.
- Ample misalignment capacity with axial, angular and lateral stiffness proportional to torsional stiffness.
- Wide variety of arrangements possible.